Coyotes goalie Antti Raanta tweets images of new mask
The Arizona Coyotes acquired a new goaltender this offseason, and with that comes a new goalie mask. Antti Raanta showed it off on Thursday.
Raanta comes to the Coyotes after the Rangers dealt him and center Derek Stepan to Arizona in exchange for No. 7 overall pick in this year’s draft and defenseman Anthony DeAngelo.
He figures to be the No. 1 goaltender for the ‘Yotes after they traded longtime netminder Mike Smith to the Calgary Flames this offseason. “Smitty’s” mask featured a Coyote, and Raanta went a similar route:
The “Wild West Locomotive Mask” features a Coyote riding a train that bears the No. 32, which leads one to believe that will be Raanta’s number in the desert.
But whatever the number is, the mask looks pretty fresh.
- D-backs pitcher Archie Bradley slides in for a strike at Coyotes game
- Comeback effort spoiled by late goal as Coyotes fall to Penguins
- Forgotten man: Merkley hoping for chance to make impact on Coyotes
- Arizona Coyotes recall forward Nick Merkley from Tucson Roadrunners
- Lightning offer Coyotes countless lessons in 4-1 win