Internet lights up Jags QB Blake Bortles for being bad
Blake Bortles, if you didn’t know, is the fourth-year Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback and No. 3 overall pick from 2014. Also, everyone thinks he’s very bad at football.
His play during his team’s preseason game Thursday against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers didn’t elicit much hope that he can turn around what’s been a disappointing career so far.
First, the evidence.
Here is Bortles throwing a ball at the feet of a squared up and wide open Allen Robinson, who is a pretty good receiver.
And here’s Bortles having the same trouble completing a ball to Robinson after the receiver beats a young defensive back down the field.
— Cameron DaSilva (@camdasilva) August 18, 2017
The second play drew boos from the hometown Jacksonville crowd.
On the interwebs, it had one ESPN analyst predicting Bortles is well on his way to losing his job and finding himself with the Arizona Cardinals by next preseason as the team continues its search for Carson Palmer’s replacement.
Unfortunately for Cardinals fans, ESPN’s Bill Barnwell might not be joking about his guess.
But many other Twitter folks were going all in on enjoying the terrible football playing by Bortles.
- Bickley & Marotta: A song parody a day while David Johnson is away
- PFF: Arizona Cardinals’ projected O-line near bottom of NFL
- Some Cardinals players aren’t exactly happy about their Madden ratings
- Cardinals’ Budda Baker is not too pleased with his Madden Rating
- Cardinals’ Bidwill issues support for Supreme Court nominee Kavanaugh