Cardinals activate $LB Deone Bucannon from PUP list
The Arizona Cardinals announced Tuesday that they have activated linebacker Deone Bucannon from the Physically Unable to Perform list (PUP).
Since being placed on the PUP since July 21, the Cardinals have had to work around the linebacker missing time, but head coach Bruce Arians mentioned Bucannon possibly returning this week.
“Yes. But that doesn’t mean he’ll practice,” Arians said Monday. “If we bring him off it will be so he can start doing walk-throughs.
Arians is hopeful Bucannon can begin practicing the last week of preseason.
“To be able to walk-through, get his eyes going, get his keys,” Arians said Tuesday. “From watching film and standing behind you don’t get that, that view of where he needs to be. He’s nowhere near ready but it’s a good beginning.”
The linebacker is a key defensive piece for the Cardinals, making 91 tackles last year and leading the team in 2015 with 112.
- John Brown denies sickle cell trait as cause of injuries, blames cyst
- Former Cardinals DE Josh Mauro joins Giants
- The Cardinals’ quarterback options could be limited by 15th pick
- Cardinals reportedly interested in CB Robert McClain
- Report: Cardinals restricted free agent Xavier Williams visits with Chiefs