Cardinals activate $LB Deone Bucannon from PUP list
The Arizona Cardinals announced Tuesday that they have activated linebacker Deone Bucannon from the Physically Unable to Perform list (PUP).
Since being placed on the PUP since July 21, the Cardinals have had to work around the linebacker missing time, but head coach Bruce Arians mentioned Bucannon possibly returning this week.
“Yes. But that doesn’t mean he’ll practice,” Arians said Monday. “If we bring him off it will be so he can start doing walk-throughs.
Arians is hopeful Bucannon can begin practicing the last week of preseason.
“To be able to walk-through, get his eyes going, get his keys,” Arians said Tuesday. “From watching film and standing behind you don’t get that, that view of where he needs to be. He’s nowhere near ready but it’s a good beginning.”
The linebacker is a key defensive piece for the Cardinals, making 91 tackles last year and leading the team in 2015 with 112.
- Dealing Cards: Carson Palmer defends J.J. Nelson, MNF adds a practice day
- Carson Chats: Intelligence, confidence key to Nelson’s game
- Cardinals RB David Johnson: There really is no timeline for injury return
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Updates on John Brown and Bucannon
- A struggling NFC West gives the Cardinals a fighting chance