Arizona Sen. John McCain pops into final day of Cardinals camp
A day after Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey visited Cardinals training camp, it was Sen. John McCain who dropped into University of Phoenix Stadium on Thursday to say hello to the team during its last camp practice.
McCain chatted with Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on the sidelines and received visits from Larry Fitzgerald, Carson Palmer and David Johnson.
For Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians, the visit was a missed opportunity. Arians was coaching his team and didn’t get a chance to talk to the senator.
“I hated I missed him,” Arians said after the final practice of University of Phoenix Stadium. “I admire him so much. I hated I didn’t get to say, ‘hi.’”
- Big week for Cardinals’ Jaron Brown highlighted by critical catch in Indy
- Arizona Cardinals release tight end Jim Dray
- Behind Enemy Lines: Arizona Cardinals open home slate against Cowboys
- Dealing Cards: Offense looking to click, Chris Johnson waiting his turn
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Palmer can take the criticism