Arizona Sen. John McCain pops into final day of Cardinals camp
A day after Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey visited Cardinals training camp, it was Sen. John McCain who dropped into University of Phoenix Stadium on Thursday to say hello to the team during its last camp practice.
McCain chatted with Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on the sidelines and received visits from Larry Fitzgerald, Carson Palmer and David Johnson.
For Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians, the visit was a missed opportunity. Arians was coaching his team and didn’t get a chance to talk to the senator.
“I hated I missed him,” Arians said after the final practice of University of Phoenix Stadium. “I admire him so much. I hated I didn’t get to say, ‘hi.’”
- David Johnson, Josh Rosen highlight ESPN’s NFL 2021 predictions
- USA Today: Cardinals not expected to contend for playoffs in 2018-19
- Arizona Cardinals rank No. 41 in Forbes’ 2018 most valuable franchises
- Keim’s absence comes as Cardinals talk complicated Johnson extension
- Cardinals suspend GM Steve Keim for five weeks after he pleads guilty to DUI