D-backs’ Magic Number Countdown
The Arizona Diamondbacks’ magic number is now zero; They’re going to the playoffs.
Following their walk-off win over the Marlins on Sunday, the D-backs are 90-66 and lead the Rockies by 6 games for the top National League Wild Card spot.
The D-backs clinched while Sunday’s game was still in progress by virtue of losses by the Cardinals and Brewers.
The Diamondbacks have now made the postseason six times in their history. However, they’ve never made it as a Wild Card before. Arizona won the National League West in 1999, 2001, 2002, 2007 and 2011.
- Goldschmidt, Dyson lead Diamondbacks to win over Angels
- Jarrod Dyson robs potential go-ahead grand slam in D-backs’ win
- D-backs’ Souza Jr. takes casual stroll on Chase Field concourse
- D-backs Farm Rumblings: A combined no-no and a torrid Socrates Brito
- From the D-backs’ POV: How the ninth inning unraveled in loss to Mets