Northern Arizona has first 0-7 start to a season in over 60 years
SANTA CLARA, Calif. — KJ Feagin hit four 3-pointers and scored all 16 of his points in the first half, and Santa Clara never trailed in beating Northern Arizona 89-57 on Thursday night for the Lumberjacks’ first 0-7 start to a season since 1951-52.
Henry Caruso scored 13 with five of 23 Santa Clara assists, Josip Vrankic added 15 points, and Emmanuel Ndumanya scored 10. The Broncos (2-5) made a season-high 17 3-pointers and scored 31 points off of 20 Lumberjacks turnovers.
Shaquille Walters’ 3-pointer capped a 13-5 run and Santa Clara led 59-27 with 12:59 to play while Northern Arizona went seven minutes without a field goal. The Broncos led by as many as 37.
Ndumanya made back-to-back layups and Feagin hit consecutive 3s in Santa Clara’s opening 12-2 run. Caruso scored seven in an 11-0 run while the Lumberjacks went scoreless for 2 ½ minutes. The Broncos shot 58 percent in the first half and led 46-22 at the break.
Corey Brown scored a career-high 14, JoJo Anderson added 13 and Brooks Debisschop had 10 for Northern Arizona.
- ASU, NAU represented on College Football Hall of Fame ballot for 2022
- Arizona-NAU basketball game canceled due to COVID-19
- Big Sky reveals Northern Arizona’s 6-game spring football schedule
- College Football Hall of Fame ballot includes 4 from ASU, 1 from NAU
- NAU removes interim label, names Shane Burcar men’s basketball coach