Cardinals sign linebacker Robinson to the practice squad
The Cardinals added a linebacker to its roster on Friday, signing Edmond Robinson to the practice squad.
Robinson was drafted in the seventh round of the 2015 NFL Draft by the Vikings, making two starts and playing in 21 games his two seasons in Minnesota.
He was also a contributor on special teams and over half of his 20 career tackles have come on kickoff or punt units.
The 6-foot-3, 245-pound linebacker was claimed by the Jets on Sept. 3 and then released Dec. 19 after a stint on injured reserve.
Robinson played his college football at Division II Newberry, earning all-conference recognition and an invitation to the 2015 NFL Combine.
To make room for Robinson, the Cardinals moved wide receiver Carlton Agudosi to the practice squad injured reserve list. The 23-year-old Agudosi made four catches this preseason for 52 yards.
- NFL.com: OT Daryl Williams is a good free-agent fit for Cardinals
- Cardinals awarded 4 late-round compensatory NFL Draft picks
- A Star Is Born – Kliff Kingsbury and Josh Rosen: A Cardinals parody
- Markus Golden to Sirius XM: Agent, Cardinals had talks of re-signing
- Newest ‘Cardinals Flight Plan’ covers Kingsbury’s upbringing, new coaches