Cardinals close year with 8-8 record to earn 15th pick in 2018 NFL Draft
The Arizona Cardinals’ win over the Seattle Seahawks in the 2017 finale evened their win-loss columns at 8-8. As the only NFL team to finish the regular season at .500, they earned the 15th pick in the 2018 NFL Draft.
The draft order was finalized as the regular season came to an end with the Week 17 afternoon games wrapping at the same time.
Among those outcomes, the Cardinals beat the Seahawks, 26-24, at CenturyLink Field on Sunday to give Bruce Arians his 50th victory as Arizona’s coach.
The Cleveland Browns had already secured the first overall pick in the 2018 draft prior to finishing 2017 with a 0-16 record. The New York Giants (3-13), Indianapolis Colts (4-12), Browns (via the Houston Texans) and Denver Broncos (5-11) round out the top-five of the upcoming NFL Draft.
2018 NFL Draft order
1. Cleveland Browns
2. New York Giants
3. Indianapolis Colts
4. Cleveland Browns (from Houston Texans)
5. Denver Broncos
6. New York Jets
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
8. Chicago Bears
9. San Francisco 49ers (coin flip*)
10. Oakland Raiders (coin flip*)
11. Miami Dolphins
12. Cincinnati Bengals
13. Washington (coin flip*)
14. Green Bay Packers (coin flip*)
15. Arizona Cardinals
16. Baltimore Ravens
17. Los Angeles Chargers
18. Seattle Seahawks
19. Dallas Cowboys
20. Detroit Lions
While the first 20 selections are now set barring several ties that will be broken by coin flips, picks 21-32 will be determined by playoff results.
- D.J. Humphries contract details: Cardinals avoid long-term dead money
- PFF stats show the good and bad of Cardinals offensive weapons
- Next for the Cardinals?: Arizona Sports 2020 NFL Mock Draft Tracker
- The 5: Best quotes from now-richer Cardinals OT D.J. Humphries
- D.J. Humphries extension telegraphs the Cardinals’ offseason ahead