Summer league schedule announced for Phoenix Suns
The Phoenix Suns’ summer league schedule for this July in Las Vegas was announced on Friday.
The Suns will play four games before tournament play begins, a departure from the previous format in which all teams played three games prior to the tournament.
Phoenix kicks off action on July 5 against the Denver Nuggets at 8:30 p.m. The Nuggets could see the return of last year’s first-round pick Michael Porter Jr., who sat out all year due to injury.
Play resumes for the Suns on July 7 against the New York Knicks at 6:30 p.m., headlined by New York’s No. 3 overall pick R.J. Barrett.
On July 9, Phoenix faces off with the Memphis Grizzlies at 4:30 p.m. On top of top-2 pick Ja Morant at point guard, Memphis also traded back into the first round to select forward Brandon Clarke.
The last scheduled game is the next day on July 10 versus the San Antonio Spurs is a 6 p.m. tip-off.
The Suns’ reported deals for No. 11 pick Cameron Johnson and the 24th selection Ty Jerome have not officially gone through and will be held up until mid-July, leaving their summer league status playing for the Suns unknown.
At point guard, though, the Suns did reportedly agree to a four-year deal with the undrafted Jalen Lecque. The 19-year-old stayed in high school for a fifth year at Brewster Academy before declaring for the draft.
- Woj: NBA return-to-play plan focused on including Suns, expected to pass
- Patrick Peterson among Arizona sports voices to speak out against racism
- Suns rookie Cam Johnson donates meals to families back home
- Grading the Suns’ offseason: Lots of layers to Cam Johnson draft-day trade
- Robert Sarver gives a tour of the Phoenix Suns’ new practice facility