Cardinals sign DE Tasini, activate Clay, Williams from PUP list
The Arizona Cardinals announced a series of roster moves Sunday morning.
The team signed defensive end Pasoni Tasini and activated tight end Charles Clay and cornerback Brandon Williams from the Physically Unable to Perform List.
Tasini previously played in one game for the Cardinals during the 2018 season. He had one combined tackle in the team’s Week 17 game against the Seattle Seahawks. Tasini has been a practice squad member for the Cardinals.
“Obviously we were familiar with him in the spring and felt like to get us through camp we needed some help there,” head coach Kliff Kingsbury said. “He’s a guy that knows our system and we like what he’s about and excited too see how he fits into that group.”
Clay returns from the PUP list from a knee issue. Clay is a projected starter at the tight end position. During his eight year career, Clay has amassed 23 touchdowns and 3,631 receiving yards.
Arizona signed the veteran to a one-year, $3.25 million deal in February.
Williams was placed on the PUP list at the same time as Clay for a back injury. Williams is entering his fourth season with the Cardinals. Last year, he had ten combined tackles.
Kingsbury said that the team will start to integrate Clay and Williams back into practice.
- Baker, Kyler, Kliff, Freddie, Steve: The Cards-Browns complex relationships
- Browns-Cardinals injury report, Week 15: Budda Baker, OLs DNP
- Darnell Dockett was on the run from the cops 2 days before NFC title game
- Frank Caliendo, John Holmberg do their best Ron Wolfley impressions
- Arizona Cardinals sign DL Javier Edwards to practice squad