The Arizona Cardinals announced they have waived/injured cornerback Cariel Brooks Wednesday while elevating cornerback Robert Nelson, Jr. from the practice squad to the active roster.
Nelson has been with the Cardinals since Sept. 7 when he was signed to the team’s practice squad. He spent the preseason with the Cleveland Browns. The 5-foot-10, 180-pound defensive back played his college football at Arizona State University, recording 73 tackles and nine interceptions in 27 games with the school.
Along with elevating Nelson to the active roster, the Cardinals announced they have signed cornerback Kevin White to their practice squad.
White entered the NFL with the Atlanta Falcons as an undrafted free agent out of TCU, but was released on Sept. 4. In 50 games with the Horned Frogs, he notched 146 tackles, six interceptions and 27 passes defensed.
- Week 12 injury report: Arizona Cardinals vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
- Calais Campbell: Decision to leave Cardinals has ‘worked out’
- Texans claim former Cardinals RB Andre Ellington off waivers
- Arians: John Brown not expected to play Sunday against Jacksonville
- Arizona Sports Fantasy Football Host League: Week 11 recap