The Arizona Cardinals announced they have waived/injured cornerback Cariel Brooks Wednesday while elevating cornerback Robert Nelson, Jr. from the practice squad to the active roster.
Nelson has been with the Cardinals since Sept. 7 when he was signed to the team’s practice squad. He spent the preseason with the Cleveland Browns. The 5-foot-10, 180-pound defensive back played his college football at Arizona State University, recording 73 tackles and nine interceptions in 27 games with the school.
Along with elevating Nelson to the active roster, the Cardinals announced they have signed cornerback Kevin White to their practice squad.
White entered the NFL with the Atlanta Falcons as an undrafted free agent out of TCU, but was released on Sept. 4. In 50 games with the Horned Frogs, he notched 146 tackles, six interceptions and 27 passes defensed.
- Cardinals need a lot to go right to rise in ESPN’s future power rankings
- Pac-12 releases 2018-19 weekly pairings for ASU, Arizona basketball
- Arizona Cardinals single-game tickets go on sale Saturday
- Bickley & Marotta: A song parody a day while David Johnson is away
- PFF: Arizona Cardinals’ projected O-line near bottom of NFL