The Arizona Cardinals announced they have waived/injured cornerback Cariel Brooks Wednesday while elevating cornerback Robert Nelson, Jr. from the practice squad to the active roster.
Nelson has been with the Cardinals since Sept. 7 when he was signed to the team’s practice squad. He spent the preseason with the Cleveland Browns. The 5-foot-10, 180-pound defensive back played his college football at Arizona State University, recording 73 tackles and nine interceptions in 27 games with the school.
Along with elevating Nelson to the active roster, the Cardinals announced they have signed cornerback Kevin White to their practice squad.
White entered the NFL with the Atlanta Falcons as an undrafted free agent out of TCU, but was released on Sept. 4. In 50 games with the Horned Frogs, he notched 146 tackles, six interceptions and 27 passes defensed.
- NFL head coaching job tracker: Titans hire Mike Vrabel to replace Mularkey
- Report: Cardinals want second interview with Patriots’ Brian Flores
- Armstrong, Wilks complete second interviews as Cards’ search rolls on
- Arians endorses Bettcher, Armstrong for Cardinals’ head coaching job
- PFF: Budda Baker a top performer among 2017 second rounders