Clearly Matt Barkley is on the wrong side of a USC bet? pic.twitter.com/OXGWu2wqnO
— Alex Flanagan (@Alex_Flanagan) November 22, 2015
Cardinals quarterback Matt Barkley apparently lost an accuracy contest this week, according to The Arizona Republic’s Kent Somers. The bad news about that is the punishment apparently includes stripping down to one’s underwear and only wearing Gatorade towels fashioned into chaps before taking a quick jog across the University of Phoenix Stadium turf; all this in front of a number of media members with nothing better to do than capture the event on camera.
Barkley probably didn’t volunteer for this but considering he won’t be seeing any playing time as Arizona hosts the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday Night Football, it’s nice for him to at least give us a snack of entertainment before the game.
We can imagine that he’s feeling a little lost in the limelight after starting quarterback Carson Palmer thrust himself — excuse the pun — into the national spotlight with a celebration within seconds of backup Drew Stanton doing the dance of the NFL season.
Unfortunately, this isn’t going to leapfrog Barkley ahead of the Cardinals’ other two quarterbacks in terms of entertainment value.
At least he’s having fun.
- Dak Prescott offers reminder: Cards haven’t drafted QB of future
- Cardinals discuss protests, say their actions will be ‘unified’
- Behind Enemy Lines: Arizona Cardinals open home slate against Cowboys
- Week 3 NFL Injury Report: Dallas Cowboys at Arizona Cardinals
- Dealing Cards: Peterson vs. Bryant highlights Monday Night showdown