— Dave Vest (@davest4yotes) December 21, 2015
Coyotes youngster Louis Domingue earned himself his second start between the pipes following a shutout performance on Saturday against the New York Islanders, so it’s now worth looking into his style.
It’s clear Domingue is also rocking it when it comes to fashion.
He may only be 23 years old, but Domingue’s goalie mask is a nod to the franchise’s past. While a current howling Coyote logo is featured on the front of the ice white mask, the top features a large old-school Coyotes hockey logo.
The Coyotes featured the logo — which drew from the Kachina-style jerseys — from 1996-2003 before swapping it out for the current howling ‘Yote.
Domingue’s mask is accented with red stripes that play into the current “AZ” logo for Arizona, but it’s that blocky, half-masked dog on top that has us feeling nostalgic.
- Coyotes free agent Josh Archibald, others sign with new teams
- Coyotes sign defenseman Dysin Mayo to two-way contract
- Coyotes fan with autism, scouting aspirations joined team at NHL Draft
- NHL offseason grades: ESPN gives Coyotes an A- for acquiring Kessel
- Former Arizona Coyote Nick Cousins agrees to deal with Canadiens