Scooby Wright beat the odds.
Infamously a two-star recruit, he reminded us of the chip on his shoulder with his Twitter handle, @TwoStarScoob. Here’s to guessing that chip only grew larger as he watched the NFL Draft, where he went at the tail end of the final round.
ESPN had cameras with Wright as he watched the Cleveland Browns pick him and that’s when he closed the draft with one of the most touching reactions of the weekend.
Wright cried after hearing the Browns took him but the water works didn’t last long — well, not exactly.
Wright quickly was filled with glee, jumping into a pool outside of the house hosting his draft watching party.
Next, Wright was shouting out the good folks in the Cleveland Dawg Pound.
Wright led the country in tackles (163), forced fumbles (six) and tackles for loss (29) as an All-American in 2014. He spent 2015 mostly sidelined due to foot and knee injuries.
- Arizona upset by Buffalo, bounced from NCAA Tournament
- Arizona, Buffalo prepare for battle of different styles in NCAA Tournament
- SI: Buffalo Bulls are likely to pull off upset against Arizona Wildcats
- ESPN’s Jay Bilas: Deandre Ayton is ‘Hall of Fame good’
- With NCAA Tournament on deck, Sean Miller talks about a lot, but not all