The Arizona Cardinals announced Friday they have signed three of their six picks from the 2016 NFL Draft.
First-round pick (29th overall) Robert Nkemdiche, and fifth-round selections Marqui Christian (167th overall) and Cole Toner (170th overall) inked their contracts as Arizona opened its three-day rookie mini-camp.
The 6-foot-4, 296-pound Nkemdiche is expected to contribute immediately after twice becoming an All-SEC First-Team selection at Ole Miss. The Associated Press’ Bob Baum reports the contract is for four years with a fifth-year option and worth $8.6 million, $4.4 million of which is guaranteed.
Christian, a safety out of Midwestern State, and Toner, an offensive lineman from Harvard, will provide the Cardinals with depth at their respective positions.
That leaves the Cardinals with three unsigned rookie picks: third-round pick and Texas A&M cornerback product Brandon Williams; fourth-rounder Evan Boehm, a center out of Missouri; and sixth-round pick Harlan Miller from Southeastern Louisiana.
Arizona opened its rookie mini-camp Friday that includes the following players:
- Behind Enemy Lines: Arizona Cardinals open home slate against Cowboys
- Inside the Numbers: Arizona Cardinals vs. Dallas Cowboys
- The 5: Best Cardinals performances on Monday Night Football
- Finally humbled, Cowboys’ Prescott and Elliott look to respond
- Arizona Sports Fantasy Host League: Week 3 preview