SAN DIEGO — The Arizona Cardinals are in San Diego for a joint practice with the Chargers, though it was learned shortly before Tuesday evening’s session that coach Bruce Arians will not be in attendance.
The coach was not spotted on the field prior to the practice, which was scheduled for 6 p.m., and shortly after things got started it would be learned why.
Arians, 63, is entering his fourth season as the Cardinals’ coach. He has compiled a 34-14 record in three seasons, and led the team to the NFC Championship Game in 2015.
This is not the first time a health issue has caused Arians to miss some time, as in 2013, while the offensive coordinator for the Indianapolis Colts, he missed the team’s Wild Card Round loss due to what was described as an inner-ear infection or a virus. He had missed a practice earlier in the week with the flu.
We will provide more details as they become available. As for the practice, it is going on as scheduled.
- Cardinals discuss protests, say their actions will be ‘unified’
- Behind Enemy Lines: Arizona Cardinals open home slate against Cowboys
- Week 3 NFL Injury Report: Dallas Cowboys at Arizona Cardinals
- Dealing Cards: Peterson vs. Bryant highlights Monday Night showdown
- Inside the Numbers: Arizona Cardinals vs. Dallas Cowboys