SAN DIEGO — The Arizona Cardinals are in San Diego for a joint practice with the Chargers, though it was learned shortly before Tuesday evening’s session that coach Bruce Arians will not be in attendance.
The coach was not spotted on the field prior to the practice, which was scheduled for 6 p.m., and shortly after things got started it would be learned why.
Arians, 63, is entering his fourth season as the Cardinals’ coach. He has compiled a 34-14 record in three seasons, and led the team to the NFC Championship Game in 2015.
This is not the first time a health issue has caused Arians to miss some time, as in 2013, while the offensive coordinator for the Indianapolis Colts, he missed the team’s Wild Card Round loss due to what was described as an inner-ear infection or a virus. He had missed a practice earlier in the week with the flu.
We will provide more details as they become available. As for the practice, it is going on as scheduled.
- Arizona Cardinals single-game tickets go on sale Saturday
- Bickley & Marotta: A song parody a day while David Johnson is away
- PFF: Arizona Cardinals’ projected O-line near bottom of NFL
- Some Cardinals players aren’t exactly happy about their Madden ratings
- Cardinals’ Budda Baker is not too pleased with his Madden Rating