Michael Sam is a brave man. The Missouri star came out of the closet before the NFL draft. And he's about to enter a workplace full of gladiators, warriors and men who believe they're manlier than most.
The cold truth: In every NFL locker room, there is a portion of hard-core dudes who paint themselves as mercenaries, who believe football players are the strongest of the strong, who stereotype gay men as weak and effeminate.
- Dodgers facing new enemies, new expectations in 2014
- Carson Palmer eager for his encore season with Arizona Cardinals
- Bickley: Here are 5 reasons to be optimistic about 2014 Arizona Cardinals on eve of free agency
- LeBron James drops 61: How high can he go
- Josh Pastner's family has number of great tales to tell