Updated Aug 30, 2012 - 12:33 pm
Larry Fitzgerald has seen his fair share of quarterbacks
That's right, according to Darren Urban with azcardinals.com, 12 quarterbacks have thrown a regular season completion to Fitzgerald.
"I'm prepared to go out and play with whomever," the Pro Bowl wide receiver said. "I've played with a million quarterbacks it seems like. I try not to focus on who is throwing the ball. My job is to catch it. You do your job."
Some of the 12 will be familiar, with guys like John Skelton, Kevin Kolb, Kurt Warner, Matt Leinart, Derek Anderson and Max Hall to name a few.
Then there are those you may not have thought of, like Shaun King, John Navarre, Rich Bartel, Tim Rattay and Brian St. Pierre. St. Pierre in fact completed just one pass with Fitzgerald, a three yard touchdown on January 3, 2010 against the Green Bay Packers.
The leader of those 12, no surprise, is Kurt Warner. Warner and Fitzgerald connected 345 times for 4,583 yards and 39 touchdowns. The two led the Cardinals to an appearnance in Super Bowl XLIII.
It may be a little tougher to guess the second quarterback on the list in terms of completions or yards. Josh McCown, who hasn't been with the Cardinals since he lost the starting job to Kurt Warner in the 2005 season, is actually second.
McCown and Fitzgerald connected 84 times for 1,207 yards and 12 touchdowns in the quarterback's four seasons with the Cardinals.
There's also more than a slight chance that Ryan Lindley may add to the list at some point in the season and become the 13th quarterback to connect with Fitzgerald on the field.
And in case you were wondering, Skelton has the leg-up on Kolb with 63 completions compared to just 38.
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- All-Access with Arians: Running game is fine, defense is better than last year
- John Abraham feels good after first practice, confident he'll be ready soon
- Arizona Cardinals release DT Anthony McCloud
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians loves the look of his defense at this point in training camp.
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals DE - Thursday August 21Calais talks about the state of the Cardinals defense.