Updated Nov 26, 2012 - 8:15 am
Fitzgerald still believes in Cardinals' process
Wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald said they are doing things the right way and doesn't question the process that leads up to Sundays.
"We're a playoff team a couple years back and there's nothing different about the preparation. His (Whisenhunt's) tempo is good, it's crisp, guys are attentive and the assignments are being executed so I don't think it has anything to do with our preparation."
This loss was especially troubling with rookie quarterback Ryan Lindley throwing four interceptions in his first NFL start, two of which were returned for touchdowns and the Cardinals not scoring a single point in the second half.
"There's a disconnect when we get out there on the field Sunday," said Fitzgerald. "I feel like we just take turns making mistakes offensively and offensively everybody has to be on the same page."
Speaking of that "disconnect," according to ESPN Stats and Information, Lindley was 0-for-6 with two interceptions when targeting Fitzgerald at least 15 yards downfield Sunday. All six of the incompletions resulted from off-target passes.
Head coach Ken Whisenhunt tells the media weekly that he and the team believe in their process and their preparation and they will not change the way they do things leading up to gameday.
Fitz reiterated that again Sunday after the game before leaving the locker room. "We have to find a way to take what we're doing Monday through Saturday to Sunday and if we're able to do that, we'll have some success," he said.
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington excited to see more action in next preseason game
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.
- Frank Caliendo, comedian & impressionist - Tuesday August 19Frank Caliendo makes us laugh and we count how many famous names he drops in his stories!