Updated Nov 30, 2012 - 3:52 pm
Kurt Warner sees frustration in Larry Fitzgerald
From 2007-2009, Fitzgerald caught 293 passes for 3,932 yards and 35 touchdowns.
He was dominant, gaining a reputation for being one of the league's best receivers.
Life has not been the same since Warner retired, though, with Fitzgerald's numbers slipping to the point where they are now: 11 games, 55 catches, 627 yards, four touchdowns.
Fitzgerald's struggles -- along with those of the Cardinals themselves -- have led to the Pro Bowler being visibly frustrated on the field, which is something his former quarterback has picked up on.
"I think any great player wants the ball in their hands as much as they possibly can," Warner told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Friday. "Yeah, I don't think there's any question Larry is used to having more success."
Warner, who is an analyst for the NFL Network, noted he thinks Fitzgerald cares more about winning than individual stats, so his mediocre start to the season was an afterthought when the Cardinals were 4-0.
"And then when you get into those stretches where you're not winning and you don't feel like you're able to really impact the game like you want to and like you can, that gets frustrating for any playmaker."
Fitzgerald and the Cardinals will look to both get back on track Sunday in New York against the Jets. It's the first time the teams have met since 2008, where the Cardinals lost 56-35.
Warner threw for 472 yards with two touchdowns and three interceptions on the day, while Fitzgerald caught eight passes for 122 yards.
- Report: Cardinals LB John Abraham arrested, charged with DUI in Georgia in June
- Notes from the Nest: July 28, 2014
- Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper: 'I felt OK' after first practice with pads
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd on 2014 training camp: 'Everything comes faster'
- Teddy Williams looking to make Arizona Cardinals as a cornerback
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.