Updated Dec 3, 2012 - 5:03 pm
Dan Williams says Ray Horton's scheme is reason for success
"I just think that he has us very prepared, the way he breaks down film, he breaks down teams and tells us their tendencies," defensive tackle Dan Williams said of Horton. "It makes your job a little easier to have a coach that really breaks down film well."
The Cardinals limited the Jets to just seven points and 289 yards of offense, and forced four turnovers on the day.
Williams tallied a team-leading 10 tackles against New York, including six solo stops.
"Coach Horton had a great game plan coming into the game; I think for the most part we did do a good job executing the game plan," Williams said. "The Jets made a few good plays but for the most part we stuck with Coach Horton's game plan and it worked out good for us. We just didn't get the W."
Even dating back to the end of last season Horton's name has appeared in rumors and conversations regarding head coaching positions. His game planning and scheme on the defensive side of the ball have made him an attractive target.
"If you look at it, you pretty much know what the other team is going to do and he just does a great job," said Williams. "The whole defensive staff, they do a great job of preparing us each week."
The Cardinals rank seventh in total team defense and third in passing defense, with the only real negative being the run defense, which ranks 24th in the NFL allowing nearly 129 yards rushing per game.
- Arizona Cardinals' OC: Rashard Mendenhall 'back to what I remember' from Pittsburgh
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 5
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely feels a responsibility to help others
- Arizona Cardinals' O-line faces familiar challenge in St. Louis Rams' Robert Quinn
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.