Updated Dec 4, 2012 - 3:34 pm
Todd Heap released by Cardinals
Heap has been bothered by a knee injury suffered in Week 2 in a win over the New England Patriots and hasn't played since.
In two games this season, Heap caught eight passes for 94 yards. In his injury-plagued two-season stint with Arizona, Heap had 32 receptions for 377 yards and and one touchdown in only 12 games.
The veteran from Mesa Mountain View High School and Arizona State University has 499 catches for 5,869 yards and 42 touchdowns in his 12-year career.
Heap will be replaced on the roster by tight end Kory Sperry, who the Cardinals signed Tuesday. Sperry spent the last two seasons with the San Diego Chargers but was released following training camp in August.
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Arizona Cardinals sign rookie free agent LB Derrell Johnson
- Arizona Cardinals bring in veteran Max Starks for depth, not to replace Bobby Massie
- Arizona Cardinals sign tackle Max Starks, release two
- Arizona Cardinals running back Jonathan Dwyer relishing opportunity in the desert
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?
- Doug & Wolf Impromptu Power Poll - Friday August 1Doug & Wolf's top 5 things to look for at Cardinals' Fan Fest.
- Jonathan Dwyer, Arizona Cardinals RB - Friday August 1Cardinals RB Jonathan Dwyer talks about coming to a new team.