Updated Dec 6, 2012 - 1:05 pm
ESPN analyst: Cardinals should bring Kolb back, but must find a QB
Acquired by the team prior to the 2011 season, he has struggled with consistency and injuries, and even lost the starting job coming into the 2012 season.
However, the 28-year-old played well in relief of an injured John Skelton, leading some to believe he still could be the team's answer at the quarterback position.
Others feel the team should part ways with the signal caller, as it would not be wise to rely on a player who can't seem to stay on the field.
"Yeah, sure you bring Kevin back," ESPN NFL analyst Ron Jaworski told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Thursday. "I think he's a seasoned guy that has value."
Kolb has played in 15 games for the Cardinals over two seasons -- with 14 starts -- throwing for 3,124 yards to go along with 17 touchdowns and 11 interceptions.
That may mean selecting one in the draft.
"Clearly, looking down the road the Cardinals can't get someone else's retread, someone else's discard," Jaworski said. "They've got to get a quarterback that they fall in love with, that they're going to coach up, and he's going to be their quarterback for the next decade."
- Kenny Demens making plays while looking to make Arizona Cardinals roster
- Arizona Cardinals Patrick Peterson ‘earned' right to be highest-paid CB
- CBS Sports' Pete Prisco: Arizona Cardinals raving about how fast John Brown has picked things up
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson on contract extension: 'I haven't had my reality check just yet'
- The Floyd Factor
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.