Updated Jan 8, 2013 - 8:51 am
Cardinals set to interview Jay Gruden Thursday
The Cardinals will interview Cincinnati Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden Thursday for their open job, according to reports.
Gruden just completed his second season in Cincinnati -- both of which ended in playoff appearances for the Bengals. Cincinnati's offense ranked 22nd in the league in total yards in 2012 and 12th in scoring. In 2011, the Bengals offense ranked 20th in yardage and 18th in scoring.
Gruden does have head coaching experience, although not in the NFL. The 45-year-old posted an 82-54 record in nine seasons (over two stints) as the head coach of the Orlando Predators in the Arena Football League, winning league championships in 1998 and 2000.
He also served as the head coach and general manager of the Florida Tuskers of the United Football League in 2010, guiding the team to a 5-3 record and a league runner-up finish.
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.