Updated Apr 17, 2013 - 8:52 am
Report: Cardinals working out LSU's Spencer Ware
According to Scout.com, the Cardinals are taking a pre-draft look at LSU running back Spencer Ware.
Ware was part of a "running back by committee" situation in 2012 for the Tigers. The 5-foot-10, 228-pound Ware ran for 367 yards and a touchdown on 94 carries. He was bothered by a deep thigh bruise for a portion of the campaign.
As a sophomore in 2011, Ware ran for 707 yards and a team-leading eight touchdowns on 177 carries and was a Second-Team All-SEC selection.
According to the report, Ware has already worked out for Indianapolis, Philadelphia and New England.
Scout has Ware rated as the 18th-best running back in this year's draft class.
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.