Updated May 1, 2013 - 10:43 am
Report: Cardinals on the verge of trading FB Anthony Sherman
The fullback, who was selected by the team in the fifth round of the 2011 NFL Draft is reportedly on his way out of the desert.
According to NFL insider Adam Caplan:
The Cardinals are expected to trade FB Anthony Sherman to the Chiefs, according to an NFL source.— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) May 1, 2013
In two years with the Cardinals, Sherman gained three yards on one carry and tallied 111 yards on 13 receptions. He was used mainly as a blocker out of the backfield, which is why the team is looking to move him.
Sherman was also a contributor on special teams, picking up 16 tackles.
But, as new Cardinals coach Bruce Arians has said, "I'm not a fullback guy. I never have been."
Caplan is also reporting the Cardinals are seeking a defensive back in return, and are possibly targeting cornerback Javier Arenas.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?