Updated May 1, 2013 - 10:43 am
Report: Cardinals on the verge of trading FB Anthony Sherman
The fullback, who was selected by the team in the fifth round of the 2011 NFL Draft is reportedly on his way out of the desert.
According to NFL insider Adam Caplan:
The Cardinals are expected to trade FB Anthony Sherman to the Chiefs, according to an NFL source.— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) May 1, 2013
In two years with the Cardinals, Sherman gained three yards on one carry and tallied 111 yards on 13 receptions. He was used mainly as a blocker out of the backfield, which is why the team is looking to move him.
Sherman was also a contributor on special teams, picking up 16 tackles.
But, as new Cardinals coach Bruce Arians has said, "I'm not a fullback guy. I never have been."
Caplan is also reporting the Cardinals are seeking a defensive back in return, and are possibly targeting cornerback Javier Arenas.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Agent confirms Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall to retire
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!