Updated May 1, 2013 - 10:43 am
Report: Cardinals on the verge of trading FB Anthony Sherman
The fullback, who was selected by the team in the fifth round of the 2011 NFL Draft is reportedly on his way out of the desert.
According to NFL insider Adam Caplan:
The Cardinals are expected to trade FB Anthony Sherman to the Chiefs, according to an NFL source.— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) May 1, 2013
In two years with the Cardinals, Sherman gained three yards on one carry and tallied 111 yards on 13 receptions. He was used mainly as a blocker out of the backfield, which is why the team is looking to move him.
Sherman was also a contributor on special teams, picking up 16 tackles.
But, as new Cardinals coach Bruce Arians has said, "I'm not a fullback guy. I never have been."
Caplan is also reporting the Cardinals are seeking a defensive back in return, and are possibly targeting cornerback Javier Arenas.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- With Jared Veldheer signing, Steve Keim has done it again
- Numbers say Jared Veldheer is a big pickup for the Arizona Cardinals
- Team broadcaster 'mystified' that Raiders let Jared Veldheer go to Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals benefit from the Carson Palmer effect
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Dave Pasch, voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Wednesday March 12Dave Pasch explains what it is like to work with Bill Walton.
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.