Updated May 1, 2013 - 10:43 am
Report: Cardinals on the verge of trading FB Anthony Sherman
The fullback, who was selected by the team in the fifth round of the 2011 NFL Draft is reportedly on his way out of the desert.
According to NFL insider Adam Caplan:
The Cardinals are expected to trade FB Anthony Sherman to the Chiefs, according to an NFL source.— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) May 1, 2013
In two years with the Cardinals, Sherman gained three yards on one carry and tallied 111 yards on 13 receptions. He was used mainly as a blocker out of the backfield, which is why the team is looking to move him.
Sherman was also a contributor on special teams, picking up 16 tackles.
But, as new Cardinals coach Bruce Arians has said, "I'm not a fullback guy. I never have been."
Caplan is also reporting the Cardinals are seeking a defensive back in return, and are possibly targeting cornerback Javier Arenas.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.