Updated Jun 20, 2013 - 2:43 pm
Palmer and Fitzgerald, NFL's best new duo?
In total, he has been on the receiving end of touchdown passes by 11 different passers, some of whom (John Navarre, Richard Bartel, Brian St. Pierre, Max Hall) were never really heard from again.
Odds are Carson Palmer will be quarterback number 12 on the list, as Arizona's new signal caller is expected to stabilize the position and hopefully give the Cardinals a QB/WR combination similar to when No. 13 was under center.
And as far as former NFL player and current NFL Network analyst LaDanian Tomlinson is concerned, the Palmer to Fitz duo is the best new one formed this past offseason.
"You think about what Larry did last year with who's who of quarterbacks," LT said, noting his stats. "You take on top of that, you look at what Carson Palmer did in Oakland. Still 4,000 yards passing, 61 percent completion percentage, that's very productive."
Tomlinson added that combined with new coach Bruce Arians, who has a reputation for getting the most out of his offenses, and you have the recipe for a dynamic combination.
"I think they're going to have a big year together," he said.
The Cardinals and their fans can only hope.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.