Updated Jun 20, 2013 - 2:43 pm
Palmer and Fitzgerald, NFL's best new duo?
In total, he has been on the receiving end of touchdown passes by 11 different passers, some of whom (John Navarre, Richard Bartel, Brian St. Pierre, Max Hall) were never really heard from again.
Odds are Carson Palmer will be quarterback number 12 on the list, as Arizona's new signal caller is expected to stabilize the position and hopefully give the Cardinals a QB/WR combination similar to when No. 13 was under center.
And as far as former NFL player and current NFL Network analyst LaDanian Tomlinson is concerned, the Palmer to Fitz duo is the best new one formed this past offseason.
"You think about what Larry did last year with who's who of quarterbacks," LT said, noting his stats. "You take on top of that, you look at what Carson Palmer did in Oakland. Still 4,000 yards passing, 61 percent completion percentage, that's very productive."
Tomlinson added that combined with new coach Bruce Arians, who has a reputation for getting the most out of his offenses, and you have the recipe for a dynamic combination.
"I think they're going to have a big year together," he said.
The Cardinals and their fans can only hope.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.