Updated Jul 29, 2013 - 11:51 pm
Arizona Cardinals tight end Rob Housler holding himself to 'highest standard'
But he might not be the only offensive weapon who reaps the reward.
Both in Pittsburgh and Indianapolis, a prevalent theme in Arians' offense was the use of the tight end down field.
From 2007-2011, Steelers tight end Heath Miller caught 217 passes for 3,012 yards to go along with 20 touchdowns, and also made his first Pro Bowl appearance.
And last season, Colts' rookie tight ends Coby Fleener and Dwayne Allen caught 71 combined balls for 802 yards.
It's a trend that Arians is apparently trying to continue in the Valley.
"I won't complain when there are three tight ends on the field, because we can run a lot of plays out of that," Cardinals tight end Rob Housler said. "We didn't do that too much in the previous years, we kind of started sprinkling it in. But now it's definitely a staple of our offense and you can definitely see it on the field."
While Housler isn't the only talented receiver in a deep stable of tight ends -- Jeff King, Jim Dray, D.C. Jefferson, Mickey Shuler and Kory Sperry -- going into his third season, the former third-round pick knows that with increased opportunity comes increased responsibility.
And, it's something the former Florida Atlantic standout isn't taking lightly.
"It's a big year for me, completely internally," said Housler. "I'm not worried about what anyone else is saying about me because if I don't have the highest standard, I'm not doing right by myself. I have really high standards and really high expectations going into this year.
"It's great to some into this year with some fresh faces and kind of restart. There's been a lot of good, positive energy so far."
In 2012, Housler led all Cardinals tight ends in catches (45) and receiving yards (417) but was held out of the end zone.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals to host Big Red Rib & Music Festival
- Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington now has a two-strike count on him
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Alabama QB A.J. McCarron
- Arizona Cardinals LB Daryl Washington sentenced to probation
- Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald excited about team's offensive additions
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?