Veteran Yeremiah Bell believes in Arizona Cardinals
The veteran's first season with the Arizona Cardinals will be his 10th, and this training camp is his third with a different team in the last three years.
Prior to signing with the Cardinals, he had spent the previous season with the New York with the Jets and the eight before that with the Miami Dolphins.
New coaches, new teammates, new defensive scheme. Well, sort of, because Bell spent time under Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles when the two were in Miami.
"It's a pressure defense, multiple looks," Bell told Arizona Sports 620's Bickley with Marotta about Bowles' style. "Coach Bowles likes to get after people.
"It's a good scheme. I think guys will have fun."
Bell believes the defense, which finished 12th in yards allowed, 17th in points surrendered and fourth in takeaways in 2012, will have more success in 2013 as long as everyone gets the mental aspect of the scheme down.
Furthermore, he's very confident that the Cardinals, who won just five games last season, will be much improved this time around.
"I think we're going to be a very good football team, I really do," he said. "Just from watching us at practice, the way we work.
"Coach Arians coming in and just getting his message across and guys buying in."
Bell says the team has bought in, which is one of the most important aspects of a franchise turning things around.
"Guys buying into the message, going out there working hard every day trying to get it right," he added. "If we do those things and continue to get better every day, we'll be a good football team."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!