Veteran Yeremiah Bell believes in Arizona Cardinals
The veteran's first season with the Arizona Cardinals will be his 10th, and this training camp is his third with a different team in the last three years.
Prior to signing with the Cardinals, he had spent the previous season with the New York with the Jets and the eight before that with the Miami Dolphins.
New coaches, new teammates, new defensive scheme. Well, sort of, because Bell spent time under Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles when the two were in Miami.
"It's a pressure defense, multiple looks," Bell told Arizona Sports 620's Bickley with Marotta about Bowles' style. "Coach Bowles likes to get after people.
"It's a good scheme. I think guys will have fun."
Bell believes the defense, which finished 12th in yards allowed, 17th in points surrendered and fourth in takeaways in 2012, will have more success in 2013 as long as everyone gets the mental aspect of the scheme down.
Furthermore, he's very confident that the Cardinals, who won just five games last season, will be much improved this time around.
"I think we're going to be a very good football team, I really do," he said. "Just from watching us at practice, the way we work.
"Coach Arians coming in and just getting his message across and guys buying in."
Bell says the team has bought in, which is one of the most important aspects of a franchise turning things around.
"Guys buying into the message, going out there working hard every day trying to get it right," he added. "If we do those things and continue to get better every day, we'll be a good football team."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Free agent kicker Jay Feely announces he's re-signed with Arizona Cardinals
- NFL Draft '14: Six-round mock draft for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.