Cardinals' Sendlein still feels good about offensive line
Cooper, who broke his leg in Saturday's preseason loss to the San Diego Chargers, was slated to start for the Cardinals at left guard this season. With him now out, Daryn Colledge is moving from right to left guard while Paul Fanaika, who played at Arizona State, will get the first crack at the starting right guard job.
Sendlein gave his full support to Fanaika in his new role, saying, "He's a physical guy, a local guy, so I'm happy to have him next to me. I think he's going to step in and do a great job."
Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians is looking at Fanaika's promotion as an opportunity for the team to get an extended look at the guard. And the team did receive good news regarding Cooper, as Arians said there's a chance he will return at some point during the season, which Sendlein thinks could be a big boost for the team.
"Not only is it great to have a chance to have him back, I think it will only push him that much harder in his rehab knowing that he has a chance to play again this season," Sendlein said. "Knowing Coop, he's going to work hard and do everything he can to get back."
- Arizona Cardinals training camp -- Monday observations
- Report: Cardinals LB John Abraham arrested, charged with DUI in Georgia in June
- Notes from the Nest: July 28, 2014
- Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper: 'I felt OK' after first practice with pads
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd on 2014 training camp: 'Everything comes faster'
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.