Updated Dec 23, 2013 - 9:56 pm
Washington lawmaker posts insensitive tweet following Seahawks' loss
In fact, before the Arizona Cardinals' 17-10 win at CenturyLink Field Sunday, the Seattle Seahawks hadn't dropped a home contest in 728 days.
Needless to say, the unfavorable result didn't sit well with the Seattle faithful, and in particular a local lawmaker.
Joe Fitzgibbon (D), a representative in Washington's 34th Legislative District, took to social media to vent his frustration at the loss and apparently his disdain for the state of Arizona.
Note: You can read Fitzgibbon's public apology here.
Fitzgibbon, who is also the Deputy Majority Whip, has since taken down the tweet, but in its place he sent out another one in an attempt to clarify his earlier remarks.
Upset re hawks loss, and failure of smart immigration reform--shouldn't have conflated the 2 though. Happy holidays, better for both in '14— Joe Fitzgibbon (@joefitzgibbon) December 23, 2013
In a statement to The Associated Press, Fitzgibbon voiced surprise over how seriously people were taking his tweet.
"If folks are going to take that too seriously, then I'm sorry about that," he said.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Arizona Cardinals Bruce Arians not surprised James Harrison retired
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves