Updated Mar 21, 2014 - 5:14 pm
Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker shows his softer side
That is P.J. Tucker on the court.
However, P.J. Tucker off the court is a loving husband and caring father of two.
He displayed that softer side prior to shootaround Friday morning, delivering breakfast sandwiches and get-well cards to those ASU alums who work for the Phoenix Suns inside US Airways Center.
By the way, Tucker played his college ball at Texas, which won its second round NCAA Tournament game at the expense of the Sun Devils.
"I just wanted to make sure I took care of them," he said. "I know they hadn't been to the tournament in a while. It hurts a little bit but it's great that they made it. They're a good team. It was a great game."
Texas beat ASU 87-85 on center Cameron Ridley's putback of a missed three at the buzzer.
"Nobody wanted to watch it with me," Tucker said. "See, that's the funny thing. They're so happy to make it, but they don't want to watch it with you…because then they want to call you afterwards. When they were up early -- they were playing well, I got a lot of calls and text messages, but after the game not so much."
Tucker estimated he bought breakfast for 25 people, including several in the front office.
The former Sun Devil who took the loss the hardest, though, appeared to be longtime equipment manager Jay Gaspar.
"Jay didn't take it so well," Tucker said. "I think Jay might've taken it worse than anybody. Jay was not happy. I can't even say what he sent me but he was pretty mad."
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- The Pulse: Suns fans feel offseason has been 'incomplete'
- Phoenix Suns' Miles Plumlee named to 2014 USA Men's Select Team
- Phoenix Suns dig deep for shooting with Anthony Tolliver
- New Phoenix Sun Isaiah Thomas: 'I just felt wanted'
- Phoenix Suns GM Ryan McDonough: Isaiah Thomas helps achieve goal of building depth
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.