Updated Aug 28, 2012 - 8:17 pm
Adam Eaton earns PCL Rookie of the Year honors
While A.J. Pollack is most likely the Diamondbacks Minor League outfielder you are most familiar with, Adam Eaton has been making quite the name for himself in Reno.
On Tuesday Eaton was named Pacific Coast League Rookie of the Year and stands atop the league on virtually every hitting category, not just for rookies. Eaton leads the PCL in batting average (.379), hits (181), stolen bases (37), doubles (44), on-base percentage (.452), runs scored (117) and extra-base hits (256).
Including his two-week start to the season with Double-A Mobile, Eaton also leads the entire Minor Leagues in hits (193), runs (128), batting average (.373) and on-base percentage (.452).
Eaton was selected by Arizona in the 19th round of the 2010 draft out of Miami University and is the second Aces player in a row to win the award. Collin Cowgill won the award in 2011 before being traded to the Oakland A's during the offseason.
While the Diamondbacks outfield is already crowded, it is possible Eaton may receive a call-up towards the end of the season based on his ability to come off the bench as a quality pinch hitter.
- Reserve outfielder Tony Campana supplies spark during D-backs' sluggish start
- Hill, Diamondbacks top Dodgers in extra innings
- Diamondbacks exorcise some demons in win over Dodgers
- D-backs break winless streak, beat Dodgers in extras: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder Cody Ross goes hitless in season debut
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.