Updated Aug 28, 2012 - 8:17 pm
Adam Eaton earns PCL Rookie of the Year honors
While A.J. Pollack is most likely the Diamondbacks Minor League outfielder you are most familiar with, Adam Eaton has been making quite the name for himself in Reno.
On Tuesday Eaton was named Pacific Coast League Rookie of the Year and stands atop the league on virtually every hitting category, not just for rookies. Eaton leads the PCL in batting average (.379), hits (181), stolen bases (37), doubles (44), on-base percentage (.452), runs scored (117) and extra-base hits (256).
Including his two-week start to the season with Double-A Mobile, Eaton also leads the entire Minor Leagues in hits (193), runs (128), batting average (.373) and on-base percentage (.452).
Eaton was selected by Arizona in the 19th round of the 2010 draft out of Miami University and is the second Aces player in a row to win the award. Collin Cowgill won the award in 2011 before being traded to the Oakland A's during the offseason.
While the Diamondbacks outfield is already crowded, it is possible Eaton may receive a call-up towards the end of the season based on his ability to come off the bench as a quality pinch hitter.
- Arizona Diamonbacks reportedly trying to sign OF Shin-Soo Choo
- Two Diamondbacks scouts named among Baseball America's scouts of the year
- Report: Diamondbacks in serious discussions about acquiring Angels outfielder Mark Trumbo
- Report: D-backs tried to land Yoenis Cespedes from A's in exchange for A.J. Pollock and Tyler Skaggs
- ESPN.com baseball writer Jerry Crasnick: D-backs trying to acquire elite starting pitcher this winter
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday November 21Kirk Gibson says he thinks the Diamondbacks will win a World Series in Arizona.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Analyst - Wednesday November 6Tim Kurkjian talks MLB free agency and off-season moves.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Wednesday October 30Tim Kurkjian talks about Game 6 of the World Series Wednesday.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday October 29The Red Sox are one win away from winning the World Series.