Adam Eaton earns PCL Rookie of the Year honors
While A.J. Pollack is most likely the Diamondbacks Minor League outfielder you are most familiar with, Adam Eaton has been making quite the name for himself in Reno.
On Tuesday Eaton was named Pacific Coast League Rookie of the Year and stands atop the league on virtually every hitting category, not just for rookies. Eaton leads the PCL in batting average (.379), hits (181), stolen bases (37), doubles (44), on-base percentage (.452), runs scored (117) and extra-base hits (256).
Including his two-week start to the season with Double-A Mobile, Eaton also leads the entire Minor Leagues in hits (193), runs (128), batting average (.373) and on-base percentage (.452).
Eaton was selected by Arizona in the 19th round of the 2010 draft out of Miami University and is the second Aces player in a row to win the award. Collin Cowgill won the award in 2011 before being traded to the Oakland A's during the offseason.
While the Diamondbacks outfield is already crowded, it is possible Eaton may receive a call-up towards the end of the season based on his ability to come off the bench as a quality pinch hitter.
- Kirk Gibson, Dbacks Manager - Tuesday June 18Dbacks manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's loss to the Marlins, their pitching staff and any
- FanBall Weekly - June 17 - Tuesday June 18Everything you need to know about Fantasy Baseball from Andy Greenberg.
- D-backs president Derrick Hall - Friday June 14Derrick Hall joins Rob and Karie to talk about drafting paralyzed ASU baseball player Cory Hahn. He
- Kevin Towers, D-backs' General Manager - Wednesday June 12Towers talks about the brawl between the D-backs and the Dodgers.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Analyst - Wednesday June 12Tim Kurkjian joins the show to talk about last night's brawl between the Dbacks and the Dodgers.