Updated Aug 28, 2012 - 8:17 pm
Adam Eaton earns PCL Rookie of the Year honors
While A.J. Pollack is most likely the Diamondbacks Minor League outfielder you are most familiar with, Adam Eaton has been making quite the name for himself in Reno.
On Tuesday Eaton was named Pacific Coast League Rookie of the Year and stands atop the league on virtually every hitting category, not just for rookies. Eaton leads the PCL in batting average (.379), hits (181), stolen bases (37), doubles (44), on-base percentage (.452), runs scored (117) and extra-base hits (256).
Including his two-week start to the season with Double-A Mobile, Eaton also leads the entire Minor Leagues in hits (193), runs (128), batting average (.373) and on-base percentage (.452).
Eaton was selected by Arizona in the 19th round of the 2010 draft out of Miami University and is the second Aces player in a row to win the award. Collin Cowgill won the award in 2011 before being traded to the Oakland A's during the offseason.
While the Diamondbacks outfield is already crowded, it is possible Eaton may receive a call-up towards the end of the season based on his ability to come off the bench as a quality pinch hitter.
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Dose of Venom: Anderson gets roughed up again as D-backs drop series finale to Padres
- Padres take series finale from Anderson, D-backs
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.