Updated Aug 28, 2012 - 8:17 pm
Adam Eaton earns PCL Rookie of the Year honors
While A.J. Pollack is most likely the Diamondbacks Minor League outfielder you are most familiar with, Adam Eaton has been making quite the name for himself in Reno.
On Tuesday Eaton was named Pacific Coast League Rookie of the Year and stands atop the league on virtually every hitting category, not just for rookies. Eaton leads the PCL in batting average (.379), hits (181), stolen bases (37), doubles (44), on-base percentage (.452), runs scored (117) and extra-base hits (256).
Including his two-week start to the season with Double-A Mobile, Eaton also leads the entire Minor Leagues in hits (193), runs (128), batting average (.373) and on-base percentage (.452).
Eaton was selected by Arizona in the 19th round of the 2010 draft out of Miami University and is the second Aces player in a row to win the award. Collin Cowgill won the award in 2011 before being traded to the Oakland A's during the offseason.
While the Diamondbacks outfield is already crowded, it is possible Eaton may receive a call-up towards the end of the season based on his ability to come off the bench as a quality pinch hitter.
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.