Updated Apr 27, 2012 - 10:52 am
Eyes on the Predators
Most expect it to be a hotly-contested series, as the teams play similar styles and are both playing well of late.
At least, that's what we think here in the Valley. But what are they saying in good old Nashville, Tennessee?
Read on to find out.
April 27, 2012
The Predators and Coyotes will go head-to-head for the first time in the postseason as they open their Western Conference Semifinals series on Friday at Jobing.com Arena.
Neither the Predators nor the Coyotes play in a traditional hockey market.
If there is one secret ingredient for a team in a nontraditional market to succeed and thrive, the Predators and Coyotes both have it.
History will be made in the next round. Not to imitate the NHL's old television commercial, but a team that has never made the Western Conference Final will advance out of the Nashville-Phoenix series.
When Pekka Rinne is on, there is no wasted motion. He seems undisturbed, virtually stationary, until the moment of truth.
I find it nearly impossible to hate the Coyotes. They're a good team that's been through a tough few years off the ice. Amid bad ownership and a bad bad bad arena idea, they've survived by playing good hockey.
After what has seemed like an interminable wait, we're finally ready to drop the puck on the Western Conference Semifinals, as the Nashville Predators tangle with the Phoenix Coyotes tonight in Game One (8:00 p.m. Central, NBC Sports).
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.