Updated Jun 5, 2012 - 2:05 pm
Shane Doan has the most delicious hockey stick ever
It became known during the 2011 NFL season that since he was a kid, Lynch would get rewarded with a handful of Skittles from his mother any time he scored a touchdown -- a tradition that continues during his pro playing days.
Nike even made special Skittles shoes for Lynch to wear toward the tail end of the season -- a nice gesture that ended in fines from the fun police.
The fine folks at Skittles have gone a step further for Phoenix Coyotes captain Shane Doan, who is apparently a big fan of the candy himself.
They've presented him with a Skittles-covered hockey stick in recognition of his stellar season with the Coyotes, who advanced to the Western Conference Finals for the first time in franchise history.
If only Doan would have had that stick to console him after the Coyotes' Game 5 loss to the Kings, the NHL officials may have escaped his wrath.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday March 5Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses Tuesday night's win over the Canucks.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Wednesday March 5Don Maloney discusses the NHL trade deadline with Dan and Vince.
- Anthony LeBlanc, Co-Owner, President & CEO Phoenix Coyotes - Tuesday March 4Are the Coyotes trying to make a move?
- Bickley Blast - Monday March 3Dan Bickley says the Suns and Coyotes are experiencing a complete role reversal.