Updated Jun 5, 2012 - 2:05 pm
Shane Doan has the most delicious hockey stick ever
It became known during the 2011 NFL season that since he was a kid, Lynch would get rewarded with a handful of Skittles from his mother any time he scored a touchdown -- a tradition that continues during his pro playing days.
Nike even made special Skittles shoes for Lynch to wear toward the tail end of the season -- a nice gesture that ended in fines from the fun police.
The fine folks at Skittles have gone a step further for Phoenix Coyotes captain Shane Doan, who is apparently a big fan of the candy himself.
They've presented him with a Skittles-covered hockey stick in recognition of his stellar season with the Coyotes, who advanced to the Western Conference Finals for the first time in franchise history.
If only Doan would have had that stick to console him after the Coyotes' Game 5 loss to the Kings, the NHL officials may have escaped his wrath.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 27Would an NHL expansion benefit the Arizona Coyotes?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.