Updated Jun 5, 2012 - 2:05 pm
Shane Doan has the most delicious hockey stick ever
It became known during the 2011 NFL season that since he was a kid, Lynch would get rewarded with a handful of Skittles from his mother any time he scored a touchdown -- a tradition that continues during his pro playing days.
Nike even made special Skittles shoes for Lynch to wear toward the tail end of the season -- a nice gesture that ended in fines from the fun police.
The fine folks at Skittles have gone a step further for Phoenix Coyotes captain Shane Doan, who is apparently a big fan of the candy himself.
They've presented him with a Skittles-covered hockey stick in recognition of his stellar season with the Coyotes, who advanced to the Western Conference Finals for the first time in franchise history.
If only Doan would have had that stick to console him after the Coyotes' Game 5 loss to the Kings, the NHL officials may have escaped his wrath.
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Coyotes fall flat late under new owners
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 17Dave Tippett reacts to season and gives his prediction for the NHL Playoffs.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday April 9Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses the team's recent five-game losing streak.