Updated Jun 5, 2012 - 2:05 pm
Shane Doan has the most delicious hockey stick ever
It became known during the 2011 NFL season that since he was a kid, Lynch would get rewarded with a handful of Skittles from his mother any time he scored a touchdown -- a tradition that continues during his pro playing days.
Nike even made special Skittles shoes for Lynch to wear toward the tail end of the season -- a nice gesture that ended in fines from the fun police.
The fine folks at Skittles have gone a step further for Phoenix Coyotes captain Shane Doan, who is apparently a big fan of the candy himself.
They've presented him with a Skittles-covered hockey stick in recognition of his stellar season with the Coyotes, who advanced to the Western Conference Finals for the first time in franchise history.
If only Doan would have had that stick to console him after the Coyotes' Game 5 loss to the Kings, the NHL officials may have escaped his wrath.
- Yotes Notes: Coyotes force overtime, ultimately fall to Canucks
- Coyotes lose early lead, fall to Flames
- Coyotes GM on goaltender Mike Smith: 'I do believe he puts too much pressure on himself'
- Phoenix Coyotes roll past last-place Edmonton Oilers
- Phoenix Coyotes to honor members of 1980 USA hockey team
- Mike Ribeiro, Phoenix Coyotes center - Thursday December 5The biggest takeaways from Wednesday night's game against Calgary.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Thursday December 5Tippett discussed goalie Mike Smith's inconsistency.
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes GM - Wednesday December 4How were the Coyotes able to get back on track? Can they build off of this win?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Tuesday November 26Shane Doan talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Monday night.
- Dave Tippett, Phoenix Coyotes Coach - Tuesday November 26Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes loss to Nashville Tuesday night.