Updated Apr 3, 2013 - 12:11 pm
Report: Coyotes trade Raffi Torres to San Jose Sharks
Torres to San Jose for a third-round pick in 2013— Pierre LeBrun (@Real_ESPNLeBrun) April 3, 2013
Torres, 31, has scored five goals and tallied seven assists in 28 games this season.
A veteran of 11 NHL seasons, Torres is known for the 21-game suspension he received after leveling Chicago's Marian Hossa during the first round of last year's Stanley Cup Playoffs. Torres has a reputation for being a bit of an agitator, but also brings some offensive skill to the ice.
Torres, who originally signed with the Coyotes before the 2011-12 season, scored 38 points for the team and accumulated 96 PIMs.
The Coyotes are currently 15-15-6, and with 36 points sit on the outside of the playoff picture looking in.
- Coyotes captain Doan: Chances at winning Stanley Cup next few years as good as anybody
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Friday April 18Burns and Gambo recap the season with captain Shane Doan.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 17Dave Tippett reacts to season and gives his prediction for the NHL Playoffs.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?