Updated Apr 3, 2013 - 12:11 pm
Report: Coyotes trade Raffi Torres to San Jose Sharks
Torres to San Jose for a third-round pick in 2013— Pierre LeBrun (@Real_ESPNLeBrun) April 3, 2013
Torres, 31, has scored five goals and tallied seven assists in 28 games this season.
A veteran of 11 NHL seasons, Torres is known for the 21-game suspension he received after leveling Chicago's Marian Hossa during the first round of last year's Stanley Cup Playoffs. Torres has a reputation for being a bit of an agitator, but also brings some offensive skill to the ice.
Torres, who originally signed with the Coyotes before the 2011-12 season, scored 38 points for the team and accumulated 96 PIMs.
The Coyotes are currently 15-15-6, and with 36 points sit on the outside of the playoff picture looking in.
- Three multi-point performances pace Coyotes to win over Islanders
- 'Yotes Notes: Phoenix ends three-game home losing streak with win over Islanders
- Tippett: Outdoor game in Phoenix would be 'great for our city'
- Coyotes coach Tippett: Backup G Thomas Greiss has 'earned the confidence of his teammates'
- 'Yotes Notes: Vermette celebrates big night with two-goal performance in win over Colorado
- Antoine Vermette, Coyotes Center - Wednesday December 11Antoine Vermette discusses his two-goal performance against the Avalanche Tuesday.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Wednesday December 11The Yotes grabbed a solid bounce back win over the Avalanche.
- Mike Ribeiro, Phoenix Coyotes center - Thursday December 5The biggest takeaways from Wednesday night's game against Calgary.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Thursday December 5Tippett discussed goalie Mike Smith's inconsistency.
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes GM - Wednesday December 4How were the Coyotes able to get back on track? Can they build off of this win?