Updated Jan 12, 2012 - 2:45 pm
Keala King gives 'statement' on twitter
King, along with fellow sophomore Kyle Cain and junior Chris Colvin, was suspended for last weekend's trip to Los Angeles for "unacceptable conduct".
Following the trip, Sendek made the decision to dismiss King from the team, despite ASU's 5-10 record and lack of depth at the point guard position, where King had been starting, admittedly out of position.
On Thursday, as his former teammates prepare for their Pac- 12 home opener against Oregon, King has finally issued a statement, sort of.
King tweeted Thursday morning, the first we've heard from the sophomore.
At his weekly press conference Wednesday, Sendek talked at length about the decision to boot King off the team.
I just think that it's important, regardless of circumstances, that we maintain certain standards and expectations. We spent a lot of time together and in the final analysis it just seemed to me that it made great sense for our program and for Keala, that he have a new beginning. That's never an easy decision when you're wrestling with a young man's future. That's an agonizing process. But being as close to the situation as I was, on a daily basis it became fairly clear to me that it would benefit our program and, just as important, that it would benefit Keala to have a new beginning. Standards and expectations are important for us and they're also important for him.
King had been averaging 13.7 points and 3.3 assists per game this season after averaging only 3.7 points per contest as a freshman last season.
- ASU basketball to face Maryland in CBE Hall of Fame Classic
- Former Sun Devil Kevin Kruger joins NAU men's basketball staff
- Former ASU Sun Devil Carrick Felix ‘excited' by opportunity to play with LeBron James
- Former ASU Sun Devil Jordan Bachynski enjoying 'chance to learn' with Charlotte Hornets
- Jordan Bachynski to play for Hornets Summer League team
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!
- Mike Norvell, offensive coordinator ASU football - Tuesday August 12How does coach Norvell feel about ASU's offense heading into camp?