Updated Mar 12, 2013 - 5:21 pm
ASU AD: Whether Jahii Carson stays or not, upgrading talent is a must
The Co-Pac-12 Freshman of the Year, Carson averaged 17.7 points, 5 assists and 3.3 rebounds per game while shooting .459 from the floor.
He's the best player the school has had since James Harden, and it's likely his destiny lies with the bearded one in the NBA.
And whether or not that is next season or soon after, ASU athletic director Steve Patterson said the basketball team's goals don't change as far as continuing to add players in order to remain competitive.
"It's his decision and you've always got to be thinking about how you're adding talent as you go forward every year when you're recruiting," he told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday. "You look down the road, at some point in time all of us move off the stage onto the next stage of life, or the great beyond, and so you know you have to constantly be upgrading your talent level."
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson signs with Australian team
- ASU basketball to face Maryland in CBE Hall of Fame Classic
- Former Sun Devil Kevin Kruger joins NAU men's basketball staff
- Former ASU Sun Devil Carrick Felix ‘excited' by opportunity to play with LeBron James
- Former ASU Sun Devil Jordan Bachynski enjoying 'chance to learn' with Charlotte Hornets
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Todd Graham, head coach ASU football - Wednesday August 27Arizona State football coach Todd Graham discusses his team's upcoming matchup against Weber State.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday August 26Mark May shares his thoughts on the upcoming college football season.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 26Could the Sun Devils' offense be one of the most prolific in the Pac-12?
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.