From the horse’s mouth: Carson Palmer’s house not for sale
The Arizona Cardinals are in wait-and-see mode when it comes to two of their most important players.
The organization is awaiting word from quarterback Carson Palmer on whether or not he’s coming back for 2017, with Larry Fitzgerlad coming back.
A report circulated Tuesday that Palmer’s Arizona home had been put up for sale and he had pulled his kids out of school.
Wednesday morning, Cardinals vice president of media relations Mark Dalton tweeted a quote from Palmer on the subject that seemed to clear things up.
Straight from Carson Palmer this morning : pic.twitter.com/abqoFpmREh
— Mark Dalton (@CardsMarkD) February 1, 2017
Of course, that doesn’t provide an answer on the question of Palmer’s 2017 availability. It doesn’t mean he’s hanging up his cleats, either. It just clarifies a report that had been floating out there.
Following a loss to the New Orleans Saints in mid-December, Palmer was asked if he planned to return for another year.
“I haven’t even thought about that,” he said. “I expect to. I’d like to.”
Palmer, 37, is coming off a solid 2016 season during which he completed 61 percent of his passes for 4,233 yards and 26 touchdowns. If he chooses to return for next season, it would be his 15th season in the league and fifth with the Cardinals.
The organization added a year to Palmer’s contract last summer — a one-year extension worth $24.35 million that would make him a free agent following the upcoming season.
- Arizona Sports NFL Mock Draft Tracker: Who’s next for the Cards at No. 1?
- Offensive line is the Cardinals’ biggest need this offseason, PFF says
- Report: Cardinals hire Tom Clements as offensive assistant, QB coach
- Report: Cardinals interview former Browns HC Hue Jackson for OC job
- John Clayton: ‘Hard to tell’ who will be Cardinals OC right now