In the mood for some soccer next weekend? How about seeing one of the best goal scorers of his generation?
Didier Drogba is set to make his Phoenix Rising FC debut on June 10.
Drogba signed with Phoenix Rising in April after most recently playing for the Montreal Impact of the MLS. Now, he will take the field after the team has played seven games since his signing.
The 39-year-old is one of the game’s legends. From 2004-2012, Drogba starred for Chelsea, one of the biggest soccer clubs in both England and Europe. He scored 100 goals in 226 appearances, winning 14 trophies with the club. He also scored 65 goals in international play for Ivory Coast in 104 appearances.
Phoenix Rising and Drogba are pushing for the team to become an MLS franchise. The club was asked to submit its bid by MLS earlier this year.
- Could another former Chelsea star join Didier Drogba at Phoenix Rising?
- Soccer sensation Drogba delivers on promise in Phoenix Rising debut
- Didier Drogba scores goal in Phoenix Rising FC debut
- Phoenix Rising’s Blair Gavin giving back to Valley soccer community
- ESPN: Phoenix Rising’s Didier Drogba one of world’s most famous athletes