Cardinals sign TE Gerald Christian, waive TE Steven Wroblewski
The Arizona Cardinals signed tight end Gerald Christian, their 2015 seventh-round draft pick, to a one-year deal on Thursday.
The team also released tight end Steven Wroblewski and reached injury settlements with linebacker Tevin Floyd and cornerback Jumal Rolle, who are both dealing with hamstring injuries.
Christian spent 2016 with the Buffalo Bills and appeared in three games, catching one pass for 14 yards. Buffalo released him on March 6.
Originally Mr. Irrelevant as the last pick (256th overall) by the Cardinals, Christian spent 2016 in Arizona’s training camp before he was released on August 29.
The 6-foot-3, 250 pound tight end out of Louisville did not appear in a game for Arizona.
He will wear No. 82.
- Behind Enemy Lines: Division-rival Seahawks prepare to visit Cardinals
- Arizona Sports NFL Power Rankings Week 4: Rams the next No. 1
- Trivia Tuesday: Arizona Cardinals 100-yard receivers
- Changing hands: Cardinals opt to go with rookie quarterback Rosen
- Cardinals’ David Johnson explains crucial fourth-quarter play