Cardinals officially sign LB Scooby Wright III to 53-man roster
The Arizona Cardinals have officially signed former University of Arizona linebacker Scooby Wright to their 53-man roster Friday.
In order to make Wright eligible for the active roster, the Cardinals had to let someone go, releasing LB Philip Wheeler, according to Mike Jurecki.
While Wheeler won’t suit up for the Cardinals in week 1, he will be re-signed following the matchup with the Detroit Lions, according to John Gambadoro.
The move could also be due to Wheeler’s salary situation.
The seventh-round pick by the Cleveland Browns signed with the Cardinals in Dec. of 2016, but was cut to make way for the 53-man roster and signed to the team’s practice squad this year.
In five preseason games with Arizona, Wright totaled 18 tackles and forced a fumble.
The move comes after it was announced that $LB Deone Bucannon re-injured his ankle in practice this week.
- It’s hard to believe the Cardinals’ problems are fixable
- Birdseed: Kicking, offensive line hurt Cardinals in loss to Cowboys
- Cardinals’ loss to Cowboys had quite the familiar feel
- Rapid Reaction: Cardinals drop to 1-2 after Monday night loss to Dallas
- Cardinals notes: Dallas, Arizona join arms in show of unity on MNF