Colts QB Andrew Luck ruled out for Week 2 vs. Cardinals
Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck will sit out for his team’s Week 2 matchup against the Arizona Cardinals at Lucas Oil Stadium, per head coach Chuck Pagano.
Luck, who had shoulder surgery in the offseason, isn’t likely to return soon.
The Colts (0-1) are fresh off a season-opening loss in which backup QB Scott Tolzien went 9-for-18 with 0 TDs, two interceptions and a passer rating of 33.8. Jacoby Brissett eventually entered the game in relief and made three pass attempts.
Clearly, Indianapolis struggled in Week 1 to replace the production of Luck, who threw for 4,240 yards last year with a 96.4 passer rating and 63.5 completion percentage en route to 31 touchdowns and 13 interceptions.
The Cardinals (0-1) will look to rebound from a 35-23 loss at the Detroit Lions on Sunday.
- Arizona Cardinals new head coach Steve Wilks’ resume: By the numbers
- Cardinals coach Steve Wilks reportedly targeting Mike McCoy as OC
- NFL head coaching job tracker: Cardinals hire Steve Wilks
- Cardinals’ David Johnson recruited Palmer, Fitzgerald to play in 2018
- Patrick Peterson appears to love the Cardinals’ expected hire of Steve Wilks