Cardinals sign OT Storm Norton, release Javarius Leamon
The Arizona Cardinals signed former Detroit Lions tackle Storm Norton to the practice squad and released offensive lineman Javarius Leamon, the team announced Monday.
Norton was signed by the Lions in May as an undrafted rookie free agent from Toledo. The 6-foot-8, 311-pound lineman appeared in 46 games for the Rockets during his career. He earned a first-team All-MAC selection his junior season in 2015.
Norton split time between the practice squad and active roster before he was released by the Lions on Oct. 30. He did not appear in any games while active.
Leamon was signed by the New York Jets as an undrafted rookie free agent in May. The 6-foot-7, 332-pound South Carolina State product was released on Sept. 2 and signed by the Cardinals Oct. 30.
Leamon’s stint with the Cardinals lasted just one week.
- ESPN gives Cardinals ‘D’ offseason regrade, rank Bradford worst signing
- ESPN writer picks Cardinals’ Mason Cole for his All-Rookie Team
- Arizona Sports NFL Mock Draft Tracker: Who’s next for the Cards at No. 1?
- Former Cardinals coach Steve Wilks hired as Browns DC
- NFL head coaching job tracker: Cards hire Kingsbury as next head coach