Video game appears to leak image of fifth Phoenix Suns jersey
Once again, a video game has leaked NBA jersey design information.
As part of the NBA’s switchover to Nike as the league’s official uniform supplier, each franchise will have an City Edition alternate jersey. No team has worn these jerseys yet. In fact, save for a few teams, most of the designs hadn’t been seen before they were leaked by the video game NBA 2K18 Thursday.
And that leak looks to be accidental. According to graphic designer Conrad Burry of Sportslogos.net, the game’s designers made the City Edition threads available as an option to players, but then quickly updated the system to remove them.
Anyhow, the Suns’ fifth jersey appears to be one of the more tame designs in the league. It’s dark purple, with white lettering and a bit of lighter purple trim around the neckline. The big change is that the team name is ‘Los Suns’ — a nod to the Latino influence in the Phoenix area and presumably to be worn on the several “Latin Nights” the team celebrates throughout the season.
Gamer Chris Shaull captured images of 28 of the alternate jerseys, which can be viewed here.
- Gentry: Suns coaching candidate Igor Kokoskov would be ‘great choice’
- Report: Former Suns candidate Budenholzer to interview with Knicks
- A list of potential Suns head coaching candidates
- Report: Hawks’ Budenholzer withdraws from Suns’ coaching search
- NY Times’ Stein: Hurdles remain if Suns want to hire Mike Budenholzer