Charles Barkley, Shaquille O’Neal take on ALS pepper challenge
You’ve heard of the Ice Bucket Challenge. Now, athletes and celebrities have decided to spice things up with the ALS Pepper Challenge.
The idea took off when former NBA insider Tom Haberstroh and his family took the challenge in support of his mother Patty, who was diagnosed with ALS.
Similar to the former challenge, the rules are simple: Eat a hot pepper of choice or donate money to an ALS charity. Participants can then nominate three people who have 48 hours to complete the challenge.
On Thursday, Charles Barkley and Shaquille O’Neal took the challenge live on TNT after being nominated by Paul Pierce on ESPN’s The Jump.
Barkley appeared unaffected by the pepper while O’Neal did not appear to enjoy it quite as much. However, he fared better than his first effort of eating spicy food on TNT.
Following the challenge, Barkley nominated Speak for Yourself co-host Jason Whitlock.
- Mercury’s Griner, Lynx’s Fowles reflect strong post play in WNBA
- Following latest remarks, would NBA ever silence Charles Barkley?
- Despite bumpy coaching search, Sarver can still fix image of Suns
- Shaquille O’Neal spent how much at a Phoenix Walmart?
- ESPN names Barkley, Nash among former Suns that changed the game