Northern Arizona unable to keep up, falls to Montana
MISSOULA, Mont. — Michael Oguine made a career-best seven 3-pointers and finished with 23 points to help Montana beat Northern Arizona 82-64 on Saturday night to remain undefeated atop the Big Sky Conference.
Montana (16-5, 9-0) has won nine straight and 11 of its last 12 games, and has matched last season’s win total with nine regular season games remaining. The nine-game win streak is the longest in coach Travis DeCuire’s four seasons with the Grizzlies.
Oguine, a junior guard, was 8-of-15 shooting and surpassed 1,000 career points. He entered averaging 15.6 points and hadn’t made more than four 3s in a game.
Jamar Akoh added 17 points for Montana. Ahmaad Rorie had 12 points and Sayeed Pridgett chipped in 10.
Torry Johnson scored 19 points to lead Northern Arizona (4-18, 1-8), which has lost eight of its last nine games.
- Hines leads Northern Arizona over Sacramento State
- NAU football hires former ASU assistant Chris Ball as new head coach
- Northern Colorado whips Northern Arizona for first win
- Arizona universities to address lack of women coaching women’s sports
- Randall’s two touchdowns help power Missouri State past NAU