Patriots select ASU’s Christian Sam in sixth round of NFL Draft
The New England Patriots selected Arizona State linebacker Christian Sam with pick No. 178 (6th round) of the 2018 NFL Draft on Saturday.
During his stint in Tempe, Sam recorded 240 tackles, seven sacks and three interceptions.
The 6-foot-1, 220-pound linebacker saw his best season his senior year where he made 127 total tackles, including 9.5 tackles for loss and three sacks.
At the NFL Combine, he outperformed all the other linebackers in the bench press, putting up 28 reps.
Only three other linebackers hoisted more than 25 reps on the bench.
He joins Kalen Ballage and Sam Jones as the only Sun Devils to have been selected through six rounds of the NFL Draft.
- ASU’s Torkelson, Cal’s Vaughn already connected before home run race
- Cardinals sign second-round pick, receiver Christian Kirk
- Cardinals CB Taylor the latest candidate to start opposite Peterson
- Mom’s the word: Mothers run routes, learn safety at Cardinals camp
- Super Bowl coming back to Arizona in 2023