Arizona Cardinals running back Kerwynn Williams re-signed with the practice squad Wednesday after being released from the active roster Tuesday.
This is just one in a series of back-and-forths for Williams — he was promoted from the practice squad to the active roster one day before the Cardinals’ game against the Chicago Bears. He had been on the practice squad since Sept. 5 when he was first cut from the active roster.
Williams, 5-foot-eight, 198-pounds, played in five December games for the Cards last season and recorded 246 rushing yards on 53 carries for a 4.6 yard average. He had one carry for three yards in last week’s game against the Bears.
- NL Wild Card tracker: D-backs fight for playoff positioning
- In the face of criticism, Cardinals QB Carson Palmer stays even-keeled
- Dealing Cards: Carson Palmer defends J.J. Nelson, MNF adds a practice day
- Carson Chats: Intelligence, confidence key to Nelson’s game
- Cardinals RB David Johnson: There really is no timeline for injury return