Arizona Cardinals running back Kerwynn Williams re-signed with the practice squad Wednesday after being released from the active roster Tuesday.
This is just one in a series of back-and-forths for Williams — he was promoted from the practice squad to the active roster one day before the Cardinals’ game against the Chicago Bears. He had been on the practice squad since Sept. 5 when he was first cut from the active roster.
Williams, 5-foot-eight, 198-pounds, played in five December games for the Cards last season and recorded 246 rushing yards on 53 carries for a 4.6 yard average. He had one carry for three yards in last week’s game against the Bears.
- NFL head coaching job tracker: Titans hire Mike Vrabel to replace Mularkey
- Report: Cardinals want second interview with Patriots’ Brian Flores
- Armstrong, Wilks complete second interviews as Cards’ search rolls on
- Arians endorses Bettcher, Armstrong for Cardinals’ head coaching job
- PFF: Budda Baker a top performer among 2017 second rounders