Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu was named the NFC Defensive Player of the Week for his Week 3 performance in a 47-7 win over the San Francisco 49ers.
Mathieu intercepted two Colin Kaepernick passes, including one he returned for a touchdown in the first quarter to extend Arizona’s lead to 14-0 just six minutes into the game.
This marks the first time the third-year player has won the award. He’s the 26th different Cardinals player to earn Defensive Player of the Week honors.
On the season, Mathieu has 17 total tackles, good for second-most on the team.
- Report: Cardinals want second interview with Patriots’ Brian Flores
- NFL head coaching job tracker: Titans hire Mike Vrabel to replace Mularkey
- Armstrong, Wilks complete second interviews as Cards’ search rolls on
- Arians endorses Bettcher, Armstrong for Cardinals’ head coaching job
- PFF: Budda Baker a top performer among 2017 second rounders