Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu was named the NFC Defensive Player of the Week for his Week 3 performance in a 47-7 win over the San Francisco 49ers.
Mathieu intercepted two Colin Kaepernick passes, including one he returned for a touchdown in the first quarter to extend Arizona’s lead to 14-0 just six minutes into the game.
This marks the first time the third-year player has won the award. He’s the 26th different Cardinals player to earn Defensive Player of the Week honors.
On the season, Mathieu has 17 total tackles, good for second-most on the team.
- Reports: Cardinals meeting with Kyler Murray on Oklahoma campus
- DT Quinnen Williams skips drills at Alabama pro day, to visit Cards
- Arizona Sports NFL Mock Draft Tracker: Who’s next for the Cards at No. 1?
- Cardinals sign DB Josh Shaw to 1-year contract
- The 5: Most recent QBs selected No. 1 overall in the NFL Draft